Washington Tacoma Mission; May 2012 - June 2013
Washington Federal Way Mission; July 2013 - May 2014

I want to share my testimony with you. I know God lives, he loves and cares about me and is very watchful of me. He is my Father in Heaven, I am his Son. Heavenly Father sent his Son, Jesus Christ to come to this earth, to show us the way to return to live with our Father in Heaven. Christ suffered in the Garden of Gethsemane for my sins, my bad days, and my hard aches willingly. He then died on the cross. He rose three days. He is my Savior, my Redeemer. I would have no hope without Jesus Christ. He is my Light and Life. I am so grateful for my Mother and Father here on earth. They have truly sacrificed so much for me to be here on a mission. Thank You. I know Joseph Smith saw God the Father and his Son, Jesus Christ in the grove. Joseph restored the true and living church back to this earth, and because of that, i can take the sacrament each week, and be cleansed from sin. I love the temple so much, there is truly a spirit of power there. God is over this work. I am so grateful for this opportunity to serve a mission. May God bless you until we meet again. I say that in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Monday, August 26, 2013

Enlightening the Way

This weeks spiritual blog is going to be on LIGHT. I have truly come to see how important and vital it is for our spiritual progression, and to help us along the path of eternal life. As i share my thoughts and insights, reflect on some time you have felt God's Light directing you.
In The Bible Dictionary, talking on the Light of Christ;

The light of Christ is just what the words imply: enlightenment, knowledge, and an uplifting, ennobling, persevering influence that comes upon mankind because of Jesus Christ. For instance, Christ is “the true light that lighteth every man that cometh into the world” (D&C 93:2; see John 1:9). The light of Christ fills the “immensity of space” and is the means by which Christ is able to be “in all things, and is through all things, and is round about all things.” It “giveth life to all things” and is “the law by which all things are governed.” It is also “the light that quickeneth” man’s understanding (see D&C 88:6–13, 41). In this manner, the light of Christ is related to man’s conscience and tells him right from wrong (Moro. 7:12–19).

Doctrine & Covenants 50:24;

 24 That which is of God is light; and he that receiveth light, and continueth in God, receiveth more light; and that light groweth brighter and brighter until the perfect day.

This scripture describe a lot of how i feel. When we keep Gods commandments and actively come unto God, He increase our understanding and reasoning. 


Doctrine & Covenants 88:11;

 11 And the light which shineth, which giveth you light, is through him who enlighteneth your eyes, which is the same light that quickeneth your understandings; 

In Doctrine & Covenants 84:46;

46 And the Spirit giveth light to every man that cometh into the world; and the Spirit enlighteneth every man through the world, that hearkeneth to the voice of the Spirit. 

In Spanaway, Elder Gardner and I were able to study the doctrine of Truth. now this was intense study, but I increased my understanding a lot. We discovered all truth comes from God, in which light does also. So in each of those scriptures in reality light can be replaced by truth. 

As you watch these wonderful videos by Elder Bedner, Reflect again on the Light of Christ, and Truth.





“Oh, if I could teach you this one principle. A testimony is to be found in the bearing of it! Somewhere in your quest for spiritual knowledge, there is that ‘leap of faith,’ as the philosophers call it. It is the moment when you have gone to the edge of the light and stepped into the darkness to discover that the way is lighted ahead for just a footstep or two. ‘The spirit of man,’ as the scripture says, indeed ‘is the candle of the Lord’ 

I bear my testimony to you, that i know God lives and He cares. He wants to help you by guiding you thoughts and actions through the Holy Ghost. Seek The Light of Christ, Improve to better focus on it in your life. May God bless you as you turn to the scriptures, prayer, and living-day Prophets. 








No comments:

Post a Comment