Washington Tacoma Mission; May 2012 - June 2013
Washington Federal Way Mission; July 2013 - May 2014

I want to share my testimony with you. I know God lives, he loves and cares about me and is very watchful of me. He is my Father in Heaven, I am his Son. Heavenly Father sent his Son, Jesus Christ to come to this earth, to show us the way to return to live with our Father in Heaven. Christ suffered in the Garden of Gethsemane for my sins, my bad days, and my hard aches willingly. He then died on the cross. He rose three days. He is my Savior, my Redeemer. I would have no hope without Jesus Christ. He is my Light and Life. I am so grateful for my Mother and Father here on earth. They have truly sacrificed so much for me to be here on a mission. Thank You. I know Joseph Smith saw God the Father and his Son, Jesus Christ in the grove. Joseph restored the true and living church back to this earth, and because of that, i can take the sacrament each week, and be cleansed from sin. I love the temple so much, there is truly a spirit of power there. God is over this work. I am so grateful for this opportunity to serve a mission. May God bless you until we meet again. I say that in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Monday, April 21, 2014

Its What We Put Into It

Hello Everybody,
I can't even begin to express how busy this last week has been. To give an example, I have not has a personal or companion since last Sunday (the 13th). A lot has happened.
Tuesday:
 I had a dentist appointment, I have several catavites so I got one worked on. then that night, we got a call from the district leader that we had an emergency, so we went on splits, and I met and taught a young man, Bradley, who had a baptismal date for may 3rd. he walked in and we asked if had any questions, he said, "can I be baptized on Saturday?" we said sure. we reviewed the baptismal interview questions with him, he passed. then we went to exchange back. and then a missionary was struggling so we had emergency sleepover. (pretty sweet)
Wednesday:
We woke up and my companion went back to our apartment and worked in silver lake. We were able to visit a lot of people, we had a missionary meeting, which is every Wednesday at 7pm. We burnt things like, my paper suit? (haha)
then we went beck over and had another sleepover with the district leader.
Thursday:
The District leaders companion ended up going home over everything, (medical reasons) and we were put into an temp trio. we had weekly planning until 1pm, The district leader is Elder Isham (he comes home with me and is from Saint George) Elder Isham went on splits with a member to continue to cover dash point. so Elder Walters and I continued to cover Silver Lake.
Friday:
On Friday, we were able to do service in a park in federal way, we were helping build fun land/ play land. Our primary purpose was to remove dirt out of this area around the playground equipment, it had rained really hard on Thursday so it was super muddy, we had to build bridges over ditch to get the wheelbarrow out, and work around the mud. SO much fun, I mostly ran the wheel barrows out while others loaded them. our whole zone was there. which is huge, the first time the whole zone has gotten together other than zone meetings, it was a really nice day, super sunny. after that we helped a member move, then we had Bradley's interview with the zone leaders, he ended up passing, then we had dinner at jimmy mac steakhouse like Texas roadhouse so good
Saturday:
In the morning the dash point ward had an Easter breakfast, during this breakfast we received word the trio would be permanent, so we then moved all my stuff and Elder Walters stuff to the dash point apartment, more room. and we trade cars with the sisters, they had a Subaru legacy, also for more room, we had a Chevy cruze, then at 4pm we started filling the font, and man was that water cold, because of no hot water in the building, so we started boiling water in the kitchen to try to warm it up, the final water temp was 55 degrees, so cold. We had his baptism, I gave the talk on the Holy Ghost, and we sang for the special musical number, "Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing." Video to come when I get home.
Sunday:
Easter Sunday, we were able to attend two wards, Dash Point and Silver Lake, a long day of church, Dash Points Sacrament meeting was great, We were able to confirm Bradley. some very amazing talks, we also sang in the ward choir, then we had meetings in Silver Lake, then silver lakes sacrament meeting, We are busy.

so the big news of the week, I'm now in a trio and will be the rest of my mission, My companions are Elder Isham and Elder Walters. We had a Baptism. The work will not stop progressing and the Lord has hastened his work for the Dash Point and Silver Lake Elders to the pace of a run. and we will be running for the rest of my mission. We have another Baptism Sunday, The sisters are teaching her, but she has asked Elder Isham to baptize her, and for me to confirm her, that's Sunday at the stake center. Im giving a talk in the Dash Point ward next Sunday. This has been the most trying week of my mission, although I have had a companion go home before, this was nothing close to comparison. We were really tight and well contacted, it has been hard. I thank you for your prayers in my behalf.

Through this all, I know God has a plan. I know am meant to be apart of a wonderful companionship and serving in both Silver Lake and Dash Point. A spiritual thought now:
Alma 40-41;
Bishop Mooth pointed this out to me in return I hope to point it out to you. Just like with the resurrection, we all will be restored, good to good, evil to evil, well its like this with trials too. its what we put into it, is what we get out of it.  

41:14 Therefore, my son, see that you are merciful unto your brethren; deal justly, judge‍ righteously, and do good‍ continually; and if ye do all these things then shall ye receive your reward; yea, ye shall have mercy‍ restored unto you again; ye shall have justice restored unto you again; ye shall have a righteous judgment restored unto you again; and ye shall have good rewarded unto you again.

So when sour trials come upon us, let us remain faithful and push through them, for its what we put into it, is what we get out of it.

I love you all, may God bless you in all aspects of your life. Read your scriptures, pray always, and be believing.
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment