Washington Tacoma Mission; May 2012 - June 2013
Washington Federal Way Mission; July 2013 - May 2014

I want to share my testimony with you. I know God lives, he loves and cares about me and is very watchful of me. He is my Father in Heaven, I am his Son. Heavenly Father sent his Son, Jesus Christ to come to this earth, to show us the way to return to live with our Father in Heaven. Christ suffered in the Garden of Gethsemane for my sins, my bad days, and my hard aches willingly. He then died on the cross. He rose three days. He is my Savior, my Redeemer. I would have no hope without Jesus Christ. He is my Light and Life. I am so grateful for my Mother and Father here on earth. They have truly sacrificed so much for me to be here on a mission. Thank You. I know Joseph Smith saw God the Father and his Son, Jesus Christ in the grove. Joseph restored the true and living church back to this earth, and because of that, i can take the sacrament each week, and be cleansed from sin. I love the temple so much, there is truly a spirit of power there. God is over this work. I am so grateful for this opportunity to serve a mission. May God bless you until we meet again. I say that in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Monday, April 14, 2014

Weekly Report 4/14/2014; Silver Lake Ward

Well, here we go again another prep day.
Our week has been so amazing, we have seen the Lords hand in the this wonderful work. We took some time this week to focus on the area book and get it updated and remove old records and organize and make it look it pretty. (I might add now it does) Since we don't do a whole lot of tracting anymore, we have been hitting the formers and potentials, we have seen wonderful blessings come from that. We have found three new investigators this way. One we had a lesson with last Monday, we taught the restoration using the pamphlet and the pictures, it was rocky. But went well. After the closing prayer, We read with him this paragraph out of the pamphlet:

"This knowledge can be miraculous and life changing, but it usually comes as a quiet assurance, without spectacular displays of God’s power. The Holy Ghost confirms the truth through feelings, thoughts, and impressions. As taught in the Bible, “The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, [and] temperance” (Galatians 5:22–23). These feelings from the Holy Ghost are personal revelation to you that the gospel of Jesus Christ as restored through Joseph Smith is true. You will then need to choose whether you will live in harmony with the knowledge you have received."

After that it got him thinking and we have a lesson with him tonight at 6pm. Another former, lives in the ghetto of our area, we were on bikes and they never left our side, but we found this lady, she wanted all the pamphlets, and we set up a return appointment with her for Wednesday.


We finally had a lesson with this other former, last night. We taught him the book of Mormon lesson with him, we read the paragraph talking about the 1 nephi, and then read with him 1 nephi 1:1-12,​ We were really excited about it, and set up a lesson with him tonight at 7pm, to talk about the restoration, out of the pamphlet.


Some other cool experiences, yesterday while trying some other potentials and formers, we met a wife to a former, she said, "I let him know you stopped by." like most of them say. Seeing an ipad in her hands, we were like, " hey, the church just came out with a new website for Easter (easter.mormon.org), you should check it out right now, so she did. and watched the video to go along with it. She wanted us to come back.


We are having fun too. we are enjoying our time together. Saturday, I was asked to give a talk at a COR baptism we attended. Then Fast sunday, like normally I got up and bore my testimony, since I actually remember to tell you about it, im going to tell you about it.


I talked about cause and effect, I gave this analogy, when we act on the temptations from Satan, its like putting a shovel into the ground, and over a period of time, of continual sin and addictions we find ourselves in a whole 10 feet deep and no way out, but as we glance up we can see the Savior reaching down. The Savior is the only way we can get out of our holes of sin and addictions. ITs through repentance and the atonement that we can escape. It takes our own agency to look up. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.


I love you guys all, may God bless you with missionary experiences as we as a family come together and study the scriptures and preach my gospel.

Love You,
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment