Washington Tacoma Mission; May 2012 - June 2013
Washington Federal Way Mission; July 2013 - May 2014

I want to share my testimony with you. I know God lives, he loves and cares about me and is very watchful of me. He is my Father in Heaven, I am his Son. Heavenly Father sent his Son, Jesus Christ to come to this earth, to show us the way to return to live with our Father in Heaven. Christ suffered in the Garden of Gethsemane for my sins, my bad days, and my hard aches willingly. He then died on the cross. He rose three days. He is my Savior, my Redeemer. I would have no hope without Jesus Christ. He is my Light and Life. I am so grateful for my Mother and Father here on earth. They have truly sacrificed so much for me to be here on a mission. Thank You. I know Joseph Smith saw God the Father and his Son, Jesus Christ in the grove. Joseph restored the true and living church back to this earth, and because of that, i can take the sacrament each week, and be cleansed from sin. I love the temple so much, there is truly a spirit of power there. God is over this work. I am so grateful for this opportunity to serve a mission. May God bless you until we meet again. I say that in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Monday, August 13, 2012

AH MAN PACKING SUCKS!

hey everbody, this week is transfers.

im kinda mixed feelings of transfers this time. im leaving aberdeen. i love working here i love the people i love the members i love the ward. its going to be really tough to leave. im heading to Gig Harbor, really close to tacoma, just across the tacoma narrows bride. i will say im excited though because i get to experience a new area. and i get to be around more missionaries. we only have four missionaries in our district right now. which includes aberdeen and raymond. and then our zone includes aberdeen ocean shores, raymond, westport, elma and montasona, shelton. which is basically the elma stake. now im are going to the Gig Harbor zone which just includes gig harbor. so it will be a change. so far i have heard and maybe this the part i dont like about moving is the other missionaries say a lot about this area, that is crappy. which makes me disappointed. but i have heard we live above the stake offices in a really nice apartment that overlooks the puget sound. we live right next to the church. on top of a hill. we have a brand new 2012 corrala i think thats how you spell it. im training a new district leader, which seems to be a trend, thats what i did with elder homer. which i must have done a half decent job, although this is not an offical assignment, its reallly fun. i just keep thinking that i will be pretty prepared if i ever get to be a district leader. im really sad to leave elder homer, we have had a blast. its been a fun transfer but a slower one. this week has been crazy. monday we had a huge massive nerf war in the church we had 10 missionaries and two youth from the ward there we had over 15 guns and over 500 bults it was great. we played a normal nerf war then played this game called zombies. which in one person starts as a zombie and has to tag the others without getting shot. it was great. but intense. tuesday, was slow but great. wednesday we had district meeting in olympia then we had choir pratice. thursday and friday nothing big happened nor saturday. sunday was super busy. church in the morning, then we did the fireside in chehalis which is about an houre and half away. it was one of the most spirtual experience i have ever done. we sang called to serve and because i have been given much battle hymn of the republic. amazing grace, my chains are gone, there was special music number which included brighty beams of our fathers mercy, how great thou art. i know that my redeemer lives. and come thou fount. it was amazing the spirit was so strong there, i definity will never forget that. last sunday i baptized the little 8 year old girl named kaitlin it was really great experince. this week has been packed and full of joy. although im sad to leave the harbor, im excited for the road ahead. there should be much enjoyment there i will  make this next transfer a blast. i love you guys so much. happy camping and god be with you till we meet again

with love,
Elder R. Johnson
WA-TAC

No comments:

Post a Comment