Washington Tacoma Mission; May 2012 - June 2013
Washington Federal Way Mission; July 2013 - May 2014

I want to share my testimony with you. I know God lives, he loves and cares about me and is very watchful of me. He is my Father in Heaven, I am his Son. Heavenly Father sent his Son, Jesus Christ to come to this earth, to show us the way to return to live with our Father in Heaven. Christ suffered in the Garden of Gethsemane for my sins, my bad days, and my hard aches willingly. He then died on the cross. He rose three days. He is my Savior, my Redeemer. I would have no hope without Jesus Christ. He is my Light and Life. I am so grateful for my Mother and Father here on earth. They have truly sacrificed so much for me to be here on a mission. Thank You. I know Joseph Smith saw God the Father and his Son, Jesus Christ in the grove. Joseph restored the true and living church back to this earth, and because of that, i can take the sacrament each week, and be cleansed from sin. I love the temple so much, there is truly a spirit of power there. God is over this work. I am so grateful for this opportunity to serve a mission. May God bless you until we meet again. I say that in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Monday, August 27, 2012

Gig Heaven

Hey guys, so here we are having a party thought it was okay then i look over and their was a dog lookin crazy!!

haha, this week has been really great. im loving Gig Harbor (Gig Heaven). the work here though has been super slow, we only have 5 investigators that have been super slow or do not want to progress. this week has been though.

Monday:
so for pday we emailed home, then we went up to this super nice park, just to tell you how rich gig harbor this park and a football field with astroturf and the uprights and baseball softball, and basketball court with breakaway rims and adjustable rims but we played ultimate friesbee there with our entire zone and the bremerton zone. it was a blast. then we played this game called murder in the dark with our district. really hard to explain but was super fun. then we went to this other park and played this game called lava monster on a park that looks like the west jordan main park. really fun day.

Tuesday:
we woke up and went and played basketball with the sisters then the rest of the day was kinda boring but we have been practicing church tours a lot which has helped me a ton.

Wednesday:
we played basketball again, then had zone meeting, really great we learned about doorsteps and fontside baptismal invites. i really enjoyed that, but after that really nothing else.

Thursday: Park Day
really nothing happened we have been working on the wardlist alot trying to see all the people on it.

Friday: i deep cleaned my bathroom it was dirty to the max. it was basically black. so i loaded the chemicals on and now its white i fixed my shower head it kinda broke. friday was also sister holmans year mark so we made her a cake with the number one on it. and gave it to her. then at night she brunt a skirt which was kinda cool.

saturday:
we praticed church tours and we helped this recent convert plant a flower garden which was fun got the hands dirty! and then we helped this less active in our ward move to port orchard.

Sunday:
i have tons of meetings but first had the missionary meeting with the ward mission leader, then ward council, then church. which was interesting i had to bear my testimony to introduce myself to the ward. i bore it on the book of mormon and the inportance of reading it. sunday school was on honesty. priesthood was on elder ballards talk from last conference. ater that went over to this members house that has been going through alot and watched mormon messages with them to uplift them.

my week has been full of fun we are trying to work hard and push forward. as you might see i feel that i might lose some wieght here with all the actives we do. which is already proven to be true. i have lost 9 pounds since i weighed myself last. i have been cooking dinners alot this last week. we had steak and eggs burritos. buttered noodles peas and steak. buttered noodles corn and hot dogs. i have been having to get creative becasue of the lack of dinners and the lack of money a missionary gets each month.
but they have been really good. im doing really great im making it through more pictures to come as we continue to explore different places around the harbor and the area. i love you guys so much. my love for the savior who lives today is increased so much. you guys do so much for me even if you dont think about ti. the book of mormon is the word of god and is a true book of scripture. i have been reading in 3 nephi when Christ comes to americas. he is your best friend and your older brother turn to him when your down he wants to help you and keep you safe from harm that world might throw at you he lives and comforts you till the end. thats why i love i know that my redeemer lives is because of that neverending love that he shows us>

Invite:
so here we go being a missionary for my family. but i challenge you to read 3 nephi 11 - 21. read each word of the jesus christ personally minstering to the nephites. put yourself into that crowd that christ is teaching be there when the voice out of heaven comes and when christ first comes down feel the nail prints in christs hand and feel his side. make it very personal to you. before you begin to read pray to your father in heaven for guidence and the spirit as you read that text. and end with prayer to ask god if this his work and that if jesus christ went and vistied the nephites it amazing the spirit that comes from reading the book of mormon.

i love each and everyone of you. oh ya fyi. im about to hit my 4 month mark. on sunday only 20 months and counting

Elder R. Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment