Washington Tacoma Mission; May 2012 - June 2013
Washington Federal Way Mission; July 2013 - May 2014

I want to share my testimony with you. I know God lives, he loves and cares about me and is very watchful of me. He is my Father in Heaven, I am his Son. Heavenly Father sent his Son, Jesus Christ to come to this earth, to show us the way to return to live with our Father in Heaven. Christ suffered in the Garden of Gethsemane for my sins, my bad days, and my hard aches willingly. He then died on the cross. He rose three days. He is my Savior, my Redeemer. I would have no hope without Jesus Christ. He is my Light and Life. I am so grateful for my Mother and Father here on earth. They have truly sacrificed so much for me to be here on a mission. Thank You. I know Joseph Smith saw God the Father and his Son, Jesus Christ in the grove. Joseph restored the true and living church back to this earth, and because of that, i can take the sacrament each week, and be cleansed from sin. I love the temple so much, there is truly a spirit of power there. God is over this work. I am so grateful for this opportunity to serve a mission. May God bless you until we meet again. I say that in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Monday, September 10, 2012

Finding Joy In The Journey

hello out there!!

this week continues to be dull and just nothing exciting. although dinners finally picked up and we have one about every day which is nice and they are super good food. some different meals i have had this week. crab and shrimp potatoes and corn. another night steak and mashed potatoes. homemade hamburbers with mac and cheese so good. and the people coming up i have heard is super good. saturday was full of service. we helped this family in the ward move bark and compost into their garden and this other family helped them prepare for the dad to be deployed to iraq. which is has been different experience. there is alot of military families in this ward. we continue to have a blast and i continue to lose weight im down to 184 again super happy. we play basketball alot and to the gym. it feels really good to be back down again but i can tell you im getting old man. i get out of breath more easier during sports. stake conference is coming up which im super excited for. we share the stake center with bremerton stake while our stake center is being built. its really weird. so our home is the upstairs to the stake offices which is different never seen that before. in way of investigators we really have nobdy on date or progressing its just been a so so transfer. im goning to ask for your guys help on something so i can stay more focused on my mission. which is to not talk about sports or update me on scores or trades or bowl games or anything dealing with sports i would be much happier. i have prayed hard about this subject and this what the lord and i want and see best for my mission. that has been on of the biggest struggles on my mission so far and it doesnt help when your companion talks about byu football everyday and all day. all football makes me think about is home and personally this transfer has been the hardest because i have been more homesick because of this reason. although prayer has helped its like i said super tough to deal with. i hope you guys can help me with this. i love you guys alot and miss you dearly. messages of hope would be helpful.

In order to be guided in life’s journey and have the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost, we must have a “hearing ear” and a “seeing eye,” both directed upward.11 We must act on the direction we receive. We must look up and step up. And as we do, I know we will cheer up, for God wants us to be happy. i would like to add something that has strengthened me throughout this these last couple of weeks. Carl B. Cook said;

We are Heavenly Father’s children. He wants to be a part of our lives, to bless us, and to help us. He will heal our wounds, dry our tears, and help us along our path to return to His presence. As we look to Him, He will lead us.

The Lord is my light; then why should I fear?
By day and by night his presence is near. …
He is my joy and my song.
By day and by night he leads … me along.


I bear testimony that sins are forgiven and burdens are lightened as we look to Christ. “Let us remember him, … and not hang down our heads,” for, as President Monson said, “It is better to look up.”

 i add that when we look to the lord jesus christ he can heal us i promise you that.

Love you guys, continue to find joy in the Journey

Scripture:
Isaiah 41:10
Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Qoute:Sancity Yourselves
 

No comments:

Post a Comment